Often, home and business owners are undecided on whether to repair or replace a roof. Both options, however, are viable depending on the age and condition of your roof. In this post, we discuss when its ideal to repair or replace your roof.
When is repairing my roof the best option?
Here are some factors you should consider if you are contemplating to have your roof repaired:
- Slight damage instances: There are instances where simple repairs such as shingle replacement are enough to fix the damage sustained by your roof. If your roof has been damaged by a fallen tree branch, intense winds, and general wear and tear have a professional ClearCoat Roofing professional inspect it and establish the extent of the damage.
- Repair area: If 30% or less of your roof that needs to be fixed, a simple repair will be the logical choice. However, if a large area needs to be fixed, a roof replacement will be the better option as the cost of replacing the whole roof will be only slightly more than that of repairing the damaged area.
- Age of the roof: The age of your roof will also have a huge influence on whether you should replace or repair it. If the damages occur at the beginning or in the middle of your roof’s lifespan, repairing them will be the best option.
When replacing your roof is the best option
Here are some factors to consider before replacing your roof:
- Extensive damage cases: Extensive roof damages including missing shingles over a huge area or damage to your roof’s underlayment may demand complete roof replacement. Extensive damages could be caused by events such as severe storms with hailstorm and high winds. Winter storms that result in several inches of snow are also known to cause extensive damages on the roofs.
- Age: Most roofs last about two decades depending on how often they are maintained during their lifespan. As such, if your roof has clocked 20 years or more, consider calling in a professional to access the possibility of replacing it.
How do I know whether I need to replace or repair my roof?
Roof damages can be quite subtle, which is why you should schedule annual inspections with a reputable ClearCoat Roofing Contractor. You should also have your roof inspected immediately after any catastrophic event. Before picking out the repair or roof replacement materials, make sure you go through any HOA Roofing requirements.
Although the new roof is quite an expense, it is bound to last for decades.
Contact Us for Assistance
Contact ClearCoat Roofing, we are a reputable licensed provider. And we offer free roofing inspections, always.